9-Nights Classic Galapagos Photo Adventure
Six hundred miles off the coast of Ecuador, surrounded by open ocean, a volcanic archipelago straddles the equator. The Galapagos Islands, forged of black lava and named for the giant tortoises that are among its most noted inhabitants, are like no place else in the world. Home to a profuse array of wildlife, the islands offer an immersion in nature that feels primeval, where lizards and penguins and blue footed boobies share the beaches with us, unconcerned by our presence. Herman Melville called the Galapagos “Las Encantadas,” or the Enchanted Isles, an apt moniker for a realm that remains otherworldly, even today. Our ship-based adventure aboard the private yacht Ocean Spray offers unparalleled opportunities for some of the most amazing wildlife photography on the planet!
9 nights from $ per person
Supplier: Natural Habitat Adventures
Quito is a fantastic place to visit and the best place to start your Latin American journey. Quito is also the entertainment center in Ecuador with new bars and discos opening every week and also the best place to shop, either at the small souvenir shops or at big malls. Quito has many interesting cultural sites, historical sites, museums, private galleries, churches, exhibition centers, and theaters.
Today Baltra is the most important airport of Galápagos and a small navy base for Ecuador. Baltra has suffered most from human settling and does not have any visitor sites. Many cruises start from the its harbour and already there pelicans and noddies will welcome you.
To the north lies Mosquera, a small sandy bank with a large colony of sea lions. Go swimming and snorkeling on the beach.
Among the many sights of this island is Punta Suarez, a rocky point of land where guests may observe various colonies of sea birds as well as other fauna found nowhere else on the planet.
Isla Santa Cruz
Here, the Charles Darwin Station offers insight into ongoing research and conservation in the Galapagos. Also located on this island is Cerro Dragon, one of the best places to spy land iguanas.
From a chance to walk on recent lava flows to the opportunity to see the endemic flightless cormorant up close, this island offers it all.
Isla Santa Fe
Considered one of the most scenic coves in the Galapagos, Isla Santa Fe, also known as Barrington Island, contains the only population of the rare Santa Fe Land Iguana. These unique iguanas can be found in the prickly pear cactus forest, where cacti can grow up to ten meters. Along the loop trail hike, visitors can check out spectacular views of the cove and bay.
No information currently available.
Isla San Cristobal
No information currently available.
Valid Travel Dates
- Accommodations including the Ocean Spray, NHA's deluxe private Tortoise Camp, and hotel on the mainland
- All meals from breakfast on Day 2 through breakfast on final day
- Local beer and house wine with dinner aboard the ship
- Services of NHA's professional Expedition Leaders and Photography Expedition Leader
- Snorkeling gear and wetsuit
- Most gratuities
- Airport transfers on Day 1 and final day
- All activities and entrance fees
- All taxes and service fees
- Permit fees
- A Wide-Ranging Itinerary - Photograph the prolific wildlife of the Galapagos as you cruise among the islands on an intimate, well-appointed yacht, and spend a night at our Tortoise Camp
- Diverse Wildlife Encounters - Swim and snorkel with sea lions, turtles and penguins, sunbathe with iguanas, and watch for whales and dolphins off our ship's bow
- Giant Tortoise Close-Ups - Learn about scientists' conservation work at Charles Darwin Research Station and photograph giant tortoises at the tortoise breeding center
Not included: Travel to and from the start and end point of your trip, some alcoholic beverages, some gratuities, passport and visa fees (if any), optional activities, items of a personal nature (phone calls, laundry and internet, etc.), airline baggage fees, airport and departure taxes (if any), required medical evacuation insurance.
Reference this number when contacting our agency so we may better serve you. Also keeping this number handy will allow you to locate this document again quickly.
Landmark Travel, Inc.
12 SE 8th Street
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316
Information and pricing is subject to change without notice. While we do our very best to ensure that information and pricing appearing in this website is complete and accurate, we cannot be responsible for incomplete and inaccurate representations, which may or may not be under our control. In the event of a pricing error, misrepresentation or omission, we reserve the right to adjust the pricing or make any other corrections.