Noordam Activities & Services
Cruise Line: Holland America Line
Back to: 13-night Triple Denali Cruisetour #R1C...
Activities & Services
Every day aboard a Holland America cruise ship brings a wealth of cruise activities and indulgences, along with the freedom to partake in as many — or as few — as you please. It's an opportunity to try something new that surprises you, every day. Whether you choose to workout in the Fitness Center, pamper yourself with a massage at the spa, or listen to music while checking your email in the Explorations Café, there's a perfect onboard activity for everyone.
To ensure that the efforts of all crew members are recognized and rewarded, a daily Hotel Service Charge is automatically added to each guest’s shipboard account. The amount of the daily Hotel Service Charge* for suites is US$12.00 per guest, per day; and US$11.50 per guest, per day for non-suite staterooms. Guests are free to adjust this amount at the end of each segment and/or voyage, should the service received exceed or fail to meet guests' expectations.
A 15% Service Charge is automatically added to bar charges, dining room wine purchases, and for spa and salon services.
Please note: this charge is subject to change without notice.
- Show Lounge
- Card Room
- Game Arcade
- Art Gallery
- Internet Café
- Movie Theater
- Sports Bar
- Television / Radio
- Direct Dial Phone
- Hair Dryer
- Minibar and/or Refrigerator
- DVD Player
- Bath Amenities/Toiletries
- Bath Robes
- In-Stateroom Movies
- Luxury Bedding
- Nightly Turndown Service
- Pillow-Top Mattresses
- Showers and/or Bath Tubs
- Sitting Area
- Internet Access
Guests can connect to the internet via satellite link 24 hours a day, satellite conditions permitting, either by accessing a 24/7 wireless connection "hotspot" or by utilizing the resources of the Explorations Café on board.
Wireless Internet Service
Each Holland America Line vessel offers wireless internet service in most public lounges throughout the ship. Guests may use their laptop computer or other wireless internet-enabled device to connect to the wireless internet service on board. IPhone and Android phone users will enjoy easy-to-navigate mobile friendly login. Internet Plans vary in price to accommodate individual needs and are interchangeable between the private computer terminals available 24-hours a day in the Explorations Café and your wireless device.
Explorations Café or Internet Café Internet Service
The Explorations Café, powered by The New York Times offers a comfortable, coffee house environment where you can access the internet via the onboard computers or via your own wireless internet device, such as a laptop computer, iPad or iPhone.
Explorations Café or Internet Café pricing is subject to change without prior notice. Please inquire on board for current prices.
- One-time Activation Fee of $3.95 applies to each user
- Basic time charge = $0.75 per minute, pay as you go, or purchase a Discounted Time Plan
- 250 minutes for $100.00, $0.40 per minute
- 100 minutes for $55.00, $0.55 per minute
Time Plan minutes can be used anytime throughout the cruise.
- Classes and Workshops
- Educational/Enrichment Programs
- Evening Entertainment
- Guest Lecturers
- Live Music
- Wine Tasting Seminars
- Beauty Salon
- Boutique(s) (duty-free)
- Concierge Desk
- Infirmary / Medical Center Each Holland America ship has an onboard Medical Center staffed by licensed physicians and critical care nurses. While not a full-service hospital, the Medical Center is well equipped to handle most emergencies and routine medical procedures.
A customary fee will be charged for services and medications dispensed (with the exception of meclizine for seasickness, Tylenol®, and aspirin, which may also be obtained at the Front Office). If you become ill or injured during the voyage and your diagnostic and/or care needs exceed the capabilities of the medical center, you will be transferred to medical facilities ashore. Please note that Medicare and many health insurance plans do NOT cover the cost of medical care at sea, in foreign countries, or for air evacuation. Guests are encouraged to obtain travel medical insurance prior to travel in order to be reimbursed for services rendered.
If you have a chronic medical condition, please bring a recent report from your physician. The medical staff on board is not available for daily care, unless you are hospitalized in the Medical Center. You must be able to care for yourself, including dressing, eating and attending the ship's safety drills. If you are unable to function independently in these areas, you must bring a caregiver with you.
Keep medication close at hand in your purse or carry-on bag. Be sure to bring enough prescription medicine to last throughout your cruise, as it may not be available on board or in some of the countries visited.
- Safe Deposit Boxes
- Dry Cleaning/Laundry
- Culinary Arts Center
- Laundry Room
- Tuxedo Rental
- Outdoor Swimming Pool(s)
- Steam Room
- Aerobics and/or Cardio Instruction
- Weight Machines
- Free Weights
- Cardio Equipment
- Jogging Track
- Ping Pong
- Tennis / Paddle Tennis
- Acupuncture Treatments
- Fitness Center
- Full Service Spa
- Yoga and/or Pilates Instruction
- Dedicated Children's Center
- Outdoor Children's Play Area
- Dedicated Teen Center
- Youth Counselor Staff
- Babysitters Available
- Youth Programs Holland America Line has a youth program and the ship is staffed with a professional Club HAL Director dedicated to making sure children have a great time. Some of the fun-filled activities include bingo for prizes, arts & crafts, special parties, and much more. Each participant also receives a Club HAL t-shirt. An activity schedule for each age group will be delivered to your stateroom each evening.
Activities are offered for kids (ages 3-7), 'tweens (8-12), and teens (13-17). The program has an open door policy, which means participants may come and go as they please. All activities are supervised. However, the Club HAL Director is not responsible for any child if he/she chooses to leave the activity.
- Traditional Assigned Seating
- Dining Style: Flexible Dining Options
- Alternative Specialty Restaurant(s)
- 24-hour Room Service
- Al Fresco Dining
- Casual Dining Venue(s)
- Dining Style: Formal Nights and Casual Evenings
- Dining Style: Traditional Dining
- Formal Restaurant(s)